Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Green Pastures

I milked Coco this morning, visited with some farm visitors, then Julie and I skimmed cream and made butter and cheese. Kids did their chores then rotated the sheep out to fresh green pastures and played.

Some errands took me into town and I took advantage of the opportunity to go out to the cemetery. The first time since the funeral. I guess I didn't want to go out there in the cold and rain. Today the sun was shining and the temperature was 70 degrees. I sat by the grave on the side of a hill, overlooking Catawba Pass. The breeze was gentle and cool.

Milked Coco early this evening. I think I will go to sleep early.

Right now I hear the trill of peepers, the gobble of George, an occasional quack. To be so still, it certainly is loud. I love our farm sounds.


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
Psalm 23

FYI, the children tell me that one of the ducks is set up on a nest in the barn. Ducklings?

No comments: