Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hot Sun

Hot sun tries to deceive us. She tries to tell us that summer is never going to end. That we will sweat forevermore. She tells us that no matter what the calendar says and the moon says and the farmer's almanac says we will never more see rain or cool breezes, but I know the truth!

Fall is here and cooler weather is coming.

Soon.

Thank goodness.

By the way, despite glaring sun and sweat and squinty eyes, farmer's market was great, as usual. I know I say this every single week, but I love going to market. We have made amazing connections with our community. We feel loved. We feel like milling grains and milking cows and making bread is a worthwhile endeavor that truly makes a difference in someone's life. Getting to barter with our other farmer pals and take home a cooler full of other people's amazing food to enjoy around our table is a spiritual event. Really.

I am one lucky woman to have such a great job. But now that the dishes are washed, the counters wiped down and the suburban emptied, I think I better take a nap. Hope the kids can play quietly.

No comments: