Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Whew.

Just thought I would let you know that today is already a better day.

Whew.

We made it through another mile post on this very long cross-country hike.

I love hiking.

It is my very favorite sport. Really it is the only sport I enjoy.

I am remembering the 14 mile hike the kids and my sister took in December when we were in Texas. Maybe you long-term bloggers remember that post. The uphill was grueling. My muscles burned. But at some point in the middle of the pain, the endorphins kicked in, leaving me feeling more alive and more strong than ever.

Strange, but today I kind of feel that way. Stronger for having survived a hard day. More alive.

This is a much longer than fourteen mile hike we are on. The journey is rocky. Some of the stretches are steep and relentless. But along the way, even the painful stretches have their moments of beauty. And working our way through those difficulties makes me feel like we are gaining strength that we would never experience if we hid away from the pain.

I thank God for hearing my cry for help.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40:29-31

BTW, we are getting a much needed rain. The pastures have been drying up. This rain should really help. It is cold, was 40 when I got up, but better than 27 degrees. I am glad we were too busy to get tomatoes and peppers and okra planted. They will go in next week when the soil has warmed up.

No comments: