Monday, May 24, 2010

True Confessions.

Okay, so yesterday during confession time I had to confess cussing and taking the Lord's name in vain.

I feel like Paul this morning, as in Romans 7, the things I want to do I don't do, and the things I don't want to do, I do.

Coco doesn't like the new milking stanchion.

We went round and round.

I tried gentle talking and persuasive reasoning.

I tried firm, calm voice and more assertive, but calm walking.

I tried yelling, cussing and finally told her to go to Hades cause I don't want to ever milk her again. Put her out to pasture and let the calves milk her.

Then cried for a half an hour with pure frustration.

It is raining off and on today.

I have a friend who occasionally reminds me to not sweat the small stuff. And that most everything is small stuff.

So I have given the kids their to do lists. Told them what I expect to see accomplished when I get home and I am going to run away.

Actually, I think I am going to go to the bank, pay bills and run to Tractor Supply to get electric fencing materials. Maybe a change of scenery will change my attitude. I had such a great early morning peaceful time, reading the Daily Office, especially appreciating Psalm 25 and Proverbs 10.

Too bad it all had to go to pot so quickly once I was tested.

Well, time to pull myself up by the bootstraps and see how the day will be redeemed. And I guess I have to apologize to Coco for my bad mouth. I wonder if she is going to apologize for her bad behavior?

Change stinks.

1 comment:

Redhen said...

Words are only words when it comes to "cussing". Coco will forgive you, especially if you take her to the beach next time...

If words can provide a vent for the steam built up by frustration and grief, well, that is a great outlet!

Remember to get enough rest. As old Bill Shakespeare termed it, "...sleep, that knits the raveled sleeve of care..."