Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Reunited

Coco and I are friends again.

I decided this morning that a compromise was in order.

We did the milking under the Bradford pear in the middle of the driveway. She behaved perfectly.

This evening I took her up and she stood on the concrete pad in the milking area and I didn't try to put her in the stanchion.

No problem.

Since she behaves so well without the stanchion, it seems silly to force the issue. We will use the stanchion for Priscilla and the goats and that will be just fine. Maybe in a few weeks Coco will warm up, but if not, I won't complain since she is such a great milk cow and I do love her.

We had some more rain today. Things are quite green.

The rose bushes at the top of the driveway are starting to bloom. Their beautiful red blossoms are a welcome sight. Rose brought me a perfect little rose and a bunch of daisies. They are decorating my desk.

Speaking of roses, the goats trimmed up the new roses when they found a way to escape out of the barnyard, but the plants are already putting out nice new leaves. Maybe the pruning was good for them?

Tomorrow we plan to work on the garden again. More rows to be dug. Anyone out there need a workout? Come and join us!

No comments: