Saturday, October 23, 2010

What an amazing moon!

I was in town with Rachel and another girlfriend this evening when we saw the moon begin to rise. It was brilliant.

We oohed and aahed as we marveled at the rainbow that surrounded it.

After getting home, I had to take my glass of wine and sit on the deck to watch it continue to ascend in the east. There are a few clouds, but not too many and it shines like a spotlight. The coyotes howl a mile or so up the woods. The neighborhood dogs take turns barking back.

Now I sit in my bedroom and look out the window, getting a crick in my neck. If I had any sense at all, I would bundle up and take a walk and bathe in moonbeams.

Instead, I will bundle up under the covers and read a library book by lamplight. Hopefully to dream of wonderful things. Like moonbeams.

The moon makes me think of the great great grandmother's silvery globe in The Princess and the Goblins. A comforting guide, shining the light on the safe path home.

I am glad to be all safely home, kids asleep or reading their books. All quiet on the homefront. For the moment. Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The moon over Sunrise Beach was so brilliant last night too. Very clear sky, and the lake was almost as bright as the moon.