Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Things I Like

Aahh. Spring break. Family taking care of projects together.

The kids mowed the grass today. What a beautiful sight! Fresh, green carpet. Perfect for Rose's cartwheels and flips. Just so long as she washes her green feet before entering the house!

PS I got an email from Farmer's Almanac warning about Dogwood Winter. I spose that means that we should all watch out, there is a chance of one more cold bite, but then it is time to get that corn planted.

PPS Can you believe it? Our black heart cherry tree is covered with little green cherries. My mouth is watering in anticipation. After the success with damson plum brandy last summer, we will have to try black heart cherry brandy, to go along with the pies and jam. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, Ginger. One day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cherries! Y'all tell them to wait until I get there. Oh, how I would love to pick a cherry off the tree all ready to eat. My mouth waters thinking about it.