Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sure Enough

This afternoon I thought I saw a little baby out in the sodden pasture.

I sent Patrick out to check because I was afraid it might be dead and I was just too sad today to have to see a dead lamb.

God bless that good young man.

He bundled up, went out to the pasture and found FOUR babies and they were alive!!! Ophelia and Esther both had twins. He rubbed down the babies and put them and their mamas in a dry stall with hay and water.

The rain still falls. I am thankful Thomas made us a nice fire in the woodstove to take away the damp and chill. I made a mexican style venison stew with hominy, cilantro, onions, garlic, celery, red pepper, carrots, green beans and spinach. Cumin and chili powder. And probably a few other things languishing in the fridge. Topped with crunchy corn tortillas and salsa, at least it tasted warm.

I guess some things just can't wait, but it seems like one of those nice seventy degrees and sunshine days would have been a better day for a birthday.

No comments: