Monday, December 27, 2010

The Wind, My Arch Nemesis

The wind has returned.


Harsh, relentless, seemingly never-ending. House-shattering, bone-chilling wind.


Remember how I said the wind was an annoying friend, but one I don't mind every once in awhile?


I have changed my mind.

Maybe by this evening I will change my mind back, but I don't think so. I am a bit tired of her endless assault all through the day and night. I hope she will go away and stay away. At least for a time.

On a more positive note, Coco and her baby are doing well. Little one is frisky. She has the most lovely eyes. Her coat is a bit darker than a pecan praline. She remains unnamed. It was good to spend some time out in the barn with them. Throwing hay, breaking up ice, filling up water, putting out more shavings on the floor of the stall. The seasons are turning and we are entering the baby time on the farm. Good motivation to get up and moving on days I would rather not.

No comments: