Saturday, December 18, 2010

Medicine, the Good Kind

After making deliveries of lamb and granola the girls and I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few odds and ends.

We got home, put the leftover split pea and barley soup on the stove to reheat and I began to feel a bit lonely.

The house is cozy and yet feels empty to me. How can that be with one mom, five kids, two dogs and a couple of cats? I put on some Emmylou Harris and grabbed a girl to dance with me. Rose and Nora danced through several selections with me. I even managed to get Patrick to work on his Texas two step. We then put on Willie Nelson's Stardust cd. Perfect songs to dance to with your children when you feel lonely.

Can't say that my feelings of loneliness are gone. But I feel grateful to have these kids who humor me. And grateful for leftover soup and a warm house with nice music. And grateful for customers and friends and seasons, even the hard ones.

PS 32 degrees felt balmy today. Snow is melting. Will more be on its way? We shall see.

No comments: