Friday, February 26, 2010

Farm Continues Whether We Breathe or Not

Lucy had a female lamb this afternoon. Nora found her as she and Julie walked to the mailbox.

Many many hands took care of things I could not. The lamb is healthy and nursing. She brought a smile to children and some adults who needed a smile today.

I miss Philip. How can I endure life without his laughter and joy?

Yesterday morning he prepared me a breakfast of steak and fried eggs and hot coffee with heavy cream and brought it up to me as I tended morning emails. He went to work and then came home and cut firewood with the boys.

4 comments:

Libby Buttons said...

I am sending shouts up to heaven for you and your children. Know that you are even being lifted up by total cyber-strangers.
I will check in on you often.
DarLy

Martha said...

Oh, Ginger. My first thought was "But they are so much in love." I am crying for you both, and for the children.

Carolyn said...

Oh Precious Ginger, My body is here in Florida, but my spirit is there with you. I can't help but weep as I think of the beautiful relationship you & Phillip had. I'm praying continually for you sweetheart--I love you so! Carolyn

Laura: One Day At A Time said...

Sister in Christ, Josh and I weep with you and lift up our broken, human prayers that I know the Holy Spirit will carry on our behalf, and that God will be faithful to respond in His infinite Love. Josh and I love you and Thomas and Patrick and Maggie and Rose and Nora more than words can adequately convey. We have been unspeakably blessed and changed by Philip-his honor and wisdom and tenderness. We are praying without ceasing.