Sunday, June 29, 2008

Silver Lining

Well, I thought I would mention some interesting follow-up to yesterday's debacle. Minutes after signing off on my blog, the phone rang. It was my dad. In such a sweet voice, just resonating with "hug," he asked me how life was going in the land of milk and honey. Deep in my heart, I knew it was a little heavenly message sent my way. He and mom were just calling to check in. It didn't change any of my circumstances. Nevertheless, knowing that my heavenly father could use my earthly father to give me a hug via phone touched my soul. I felt compassion. And love. And that is sweeter than honey, honey from the comb.

I hope that we will often be surprised by a rainbow of compassion and grace in the middle of our stormy circumstances. Those are the moments that draw me to my God. And cause me to worship.

Thanks, Daddy, for the timely phone call. I love you! (Of course, you too, Mom!)

No comments: