Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life is a great big bowl of cherries, but you have to get out there and pick them!

Yesterday we had an impromptu cherry picking festival. Several friends and their children serendipitously dropped by and before you know it, ladders were propped, pickup truck was driven under branches and agile boys and girls climbed up, all with baskets and bags. We ate and ate, and even so baskets and bags filled up with black red orbs of summertime delight. We moms made more coffee, Thomas made brownies, we pitted cherries, then went back out for more.

Suppertime came all too soon, so we threw together a salad, with cherries of course, a frittata and some of Kirsten's kholrabi. I had never eaten kholrabi before. I like it.

I hope more friends will drop by and climb up in tree to pick cherries. We have friends and cherries. Who could be more lucky?

Taste and see that the LORD is good....

1 comment:

Laura: One Day At A Time said...

I'm hoping to get out there to your great big bowl of cherries and help you tomorrow (Friday), I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to call you back yet! Talk to you tomorrow. :)