Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fireflies Are Magic, aren't they?

The other day I got up early to work in the bakery.  Brushed off flour and dashed over to the highschool to take care of T's final IEP.  Got back to the bakery, worked, then ran to the middle school, right when we closed, to Rose's middle school awards assembly.  We slipped out after seeing her recieve her awards, drove back to the house to assemble picnic items, grabbed birthday cake and hula hoops and drove east to Marathon.

It was R's birthday and we wanted to celebrate him at the Post park.  Nestled in the foothills is a little oasis, a dammed up creek, picnic tables, grass and great big trees.  Freshly milled, whole grain breads, all the good sandwich makings, a spice cake, dogs and water and inner tubes. 

Once kids had their fill of cold water, we sat down to a feast.  Imagine our delight when the firelies began to sparkle around the edge of the creek! 

After such a busy, hectic day, I felt peace settle around us, as if the fireflies had sprinkled us with magic fairy dust.  I wish everyone would take the time out of a crazy week to pause in a beautiful spot to eat with loved ones.  It is very good medicine.  Sure am glad R had a birthday to give us such a great excuse!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put down another place to be sure to go one of these days, sounds wonderful, Mom

Chris said...

Thanks for all the posts. I was wondering and enjoy hearing about you and your loved ones.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ginger,

I am glad that you are back. I hope that things are good for you. Good luck.

Warm regards,
Paul Sebert

Anonymous said...

Fireflies sure are beautiful to watch specially when at night.


michigan web design

georgi said...

Love fireflies...we use to see them a lot in Colo. when I was little...never see them anymore :(
Yes...they must be magic...lol, or at least they make you feel magical :)

urducell said...

Nice Blog And Nice Posts.......


watch Geo tv Episode video
watch Hum tv Episode video
Download Price bound list
watch Ary Digital Tv
watch Star plus tv
watch Sony tv Episode video
watch Zee tv Epidoe video

Phenomenal Woman said...

I am loving your blog. New follower on board.
bloggitymoo.blogspot.com

Chris said...

What's up? I know I don't post often but I like to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Unknown said...

yes,I think you done well. you can give us more post like this.
Beautiful traveling places

gayle said...

I worry about you. Roanoke Gayle

Chris said...

Wassup?

gingerhillery@mac.com said...

You are all so sweet! I had to have a computer fast for a few months. All is very well. I hope
I can get back into the routine!