Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wow

As I headed to bed I paused to look outside. A brilliant orange crescent moon hung over the valley to the west.

So orange it looked like a piece of that orange jelly candy we used to get in our bags of christmas candies back when I was a little girl.

What is it that makes the moon turn orange? One website says that it is particulate matter.

I guess they're probably right.

But I think I should look up fables and legends. There must be a more romantic explanation.

I hope everyone remembers to take a peek outside tonight. You don't want to miss out on the candy orange moon. The stars are a little bit fuzzy, it is very humid outdoors. But the cicadas and crickets are singing loudly. I think they like the moon, too.

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

Well, I missed the orange moon but I did notice brilliant orange and pink clouds last night. Mother Nature always puts on better shows than what is on TV.