Thursday, October 16, 2008

Delicious

It is a delicious morning today. The thermometer reads 55 degrees but it feels warmer. There is a balmy breeze. The moon is setting toward the west and has a scattering of shreds of gray silk over her face. The trees continue to surprise me with their beauty. The humidtiy and warmth make me think some stormy cool weather is on its way.

Victor has been kissing Nita and Thistle through the fence. We have them in a separate field because we intend to breed them to a dairy buck. The make-out session must have been a little intense in the light of the moon last night because the first thing I noticed in the sunrise this morning was Victor, head stuck in the fence! I went out and helped fanagle his horns back through the wire. All well. Glad to have to run out extra early by myself and enjoy such a delicious morning. Such beauty brought to mind Psalm 8 "When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?"

1 comment:

Tom Atkins said...

"Stormy cool weather" - what a nice phrase!