Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

The forsythia, quince, bradford pears, tulip magnolias and red buds  in town put on their Easter dresses for us.  Out here in our neighborhood, it was still too cool.  We must have orthodox trees in our neighborhood.  

Here is one of my favorite hymns we sang today:

Praise to the Lord,
The Almighty, the King of creation!
O my soul, praise Him,
For HE is thy health and salvation!
All ye who hear,
Now to His temple draw near;
Praise Him in glad adoration.

Praise to the Lord,
Who over all things so wondrously reigneth,
Shelters thee under his wings,
Yea so gently sustaineth!
Hast thou not seen
How all your longings have been
Granted in what he ordaineth?

Praise to the Lord,
Who doth prosper thy work and defend thee;
Surely His goodness
and mercy here daily attend thee.
Ponder anew
What the Almighty can do,
If with His love He befriend thee.

Praise to the Lord,
O let all that is in me adore Him!
All that hath life and breath,
come now with praises before Him.
Let the Amen
Sound from His people again,
Gladly for aye we adore Him.
Joachim Neander

The same God who allowed His son to die in my place, who has power to bring dead to life again, is the same God who protectively puts us under his wing, warm and protected.  I never would have fully appreciated that image if I hadn't seen one of our mother hens with chickies.  That is one tender image.  Sweet.  Praise to the Lord, O let all that is in me adore him!  All that has life and breath come now with praises before him.  Let the Amen sound from his people again, gladly for Aye we ADORE HIM.  



PS.  I think that next year, instead of putting candy in plastic eggs for kids to fight over, it is going to be carrot sticks and pretzels.



1 comment:

Rosco said...

Ginger,

Thanks for your comment and Happy Easter to you too! I never knew you kept a blog, but I'm happy to have learned of it. I'll put it on my daily-reading list, just after the New York Times. Those festivals you mentioned are very much appreciated. I'll start doing my research on them.

Your farm stories are colorful and beautiful to read. The only thing missing are some photographs! You should get Sean to send you some photos he took from last summer.

Enjoy Spring's blessings and all the best to the family!