Friday, December 16, 2011

Holes

The kids and I are working through the book Holes by Louis Sachar.


It is set somewhere in West Texas.


Reading out loud to the kids is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. Especially when even the big kids keep begging me to read another chapter. And another one. And another one. I think it will be fun to watch the movie once we finish the book and talk about how much better the book is. Can you believe that the kids have read that book several times on their own and they still beg me to keep reading chapter after chapter?


I wish more people in the world would read books aloud with their loved ones. There are six of us. Thomas, the 18 yr old, Patrick, almost 16, Maggie is 14, Rose is 11, and Nora is 8 years old. Then you have the 45 yr old mama. A good book can draw us all together more than just about anything else.

4 comments:

CountryDew said...

I love my audiobooks. I listen to them all the time in the car. I highly recommend them. There is something about hearing a voice read the words that turns it into a special kind of magic.

Lynne said...

The book is amazing but the movie is almost as good! I'm jealous of your all seeing it for the first time! Pretty hysterical and great acting...good extra dramatic photography. You'll love it. XO

gingerhillery@mac.com said...

hi Anita, you are so right. Our library is currently closed as they prepare to relocate to new bldg. We are missing their audio books for travel! Thanks for the recommend, Lynne! I am going to put Holes in our Netflix queue!

venta casas said...

venta casas
persianas
persianas en guadalajara
cortinas en guadalajara
persianas