Sunday, September 13, 2009

Is it Fall yet?

The maple tree near the neighbor's house is turning orange and red.

It was 48 degrees this morning. Crickets are chirping. The sky is incredibly clear. At night the stars seem a bit brighter than usual. Coyotes were yipping late last night. Very near the house. The dogs went ballistic and chased them off. Hopefully before they got to any animals. I didn't notice any stray feathers or fur anywhere.

I love this season. The pumpkins are growing large. BTW, Priscilla is growing large, too. When is she going to drop her calf? She came back from her 2 month visit with the neighbor's bull in early December. I think that baby should be here soon. She walks so funny right now. Definitely the pregnant waddle. Boy or girl? Either way, we will be happy.

7 comments:

CountryDew said...

I planted my pumpkins and they are just now blooming. I don't suppose I will get any.

gingerhillery@mac.com said...

I think if you have any fruits developing there is a chance they might get big enough. They need a very long season. If you don't get any, Gwen will have lots at Ikenberry's! Just try again next year.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

It sure is pretty around here in the fall. But I don't think there's any season in Virginia where it's not beautiful.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

Jeff said...

I've been busy lately and saved your blog for the last stop, because you are such a prolific writer and it takes me time to read all your wonderful posts. You must be really busy, too!! I hope all is well....

Unknown said...

Ginger,
I'll be seeing you next Saturday at the Farmer's Market. Can't wait to buy some good bread and see you all in action!

Tom Atkins said...

Ah, it is fall here in Vermont, but there is magic in the change of seasons. I am in Virginia this week, and experiencing that magic time again. It's like a double blessing.

gingerhillery@mac.com said...

Hi everybody! The computer was in the shop. Now it is back on the farm. I have many stories buzzing around in my head, trying desperately to get out. Hope to get them on the blog soon.