Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lady Bug, Lady Bug

Yesterday afternoon my priest came by for a visit. I was finishing up a project so she went out into the sunny backyard to wait. I found her crouched in the garden, speaking to a brilliantly garnet ladybug, making her (his?) way around the flowering bok choy. What a treat! The first sighting this spring.

Honeybees buzzed and hummed around the sweet yellow flowers of the bok choy and the perfectly formed white blossoms on the arugula trying to go to seed.

Heartfelt conversation, warmed by afternoon sun and pollinators.




2 comments:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

After being infested with ladybugs in Virginia, I will never look at them the same again. They bring me no joy. I'm sure you read my story about how there were so many on the ceiling in my kitchen that you couldn't see the white paint and you couldn't make a sandwich without one dropping down into the mayonnaise. I hate them Ginger! lol

Derek D said...

Great reading yyour blog